When Dr. Quaile developed The SHOW Center when she realized she was filling a gap in healthcare, in particular sexual health. She combines her medical knowledge, sexual counseling training, trauma-informed care lens, and life coaching experience to provide a unique individualized, biopsychosocial approach. Dr. Quaile has identified the most common sexual issues that people encounter and developed her center to address these issues.
Sexuality Counselors are members of a variety of healthcare professions (such as Nursing, Medicine, Physical Therapy, and many others), who have obtained additional education in both sexuality and counseling skills. While Sex Therapists have a training background in mental health, Sexuality Counselors often have specialized training in physical examination and other treatment options. Sexuality Counselors use their combined knowledge, skills, and experience to help clients formulate solutions to their sexual problems.
What are some things a Sexuality Counselor can help with?
- Decreased Desire
- Painful Sex
- Sexual Changes Related to Illness, Surgery, Disability, or Trauma
- Sexual Changes Due to Post-partum, Menopause, or Other Life Phases
- Orgasm Difficulties
- Sexual Education, Training, and Self-Exploration
Individual Counseling Sessions
- Initial Session for counseling only is 75 minutes. This allows for additional time to understand your presenting concerns, begin to build a relationship and understanding if there is a medical/physical component involved that needs to be further evaluated and treated along with counseling.
- Subsequent sessions are 55 minutes. The focus is to continue to engage with the patient (and/or couple) on a very personal level in order to reach the patient’s goals and to adapt and understand the patient’s needs as they move through the healing continuum.
The SHOW Center uses Spruce which is an online platform used by physicians, psychiatrists, online therapists, and online psychologists. Patients are finding the same comfort and ease in counseling online that they do in person. Online counseling also offers greater accessibility for patients with disabilities or for people who live in rural areas who have greater difficulty getting the therapy they need. Online counseling also allows you to expand your options for the kind of counselor that is right for you.
We schedule your counseling sessions just like we would an in-office session. The only difference is when the time comes, we will meet online using Spruce a HIPAA compliant platform dedicated to ease of use and to your confidentiality. All sessions are secure and private. After we’ve scheduled your session, you will be emailed the link to fill out the initial paperwork as well as the link for our sessions.
- Initial Teletherapy Session is 75 minutes. This allows for additional time to understand of your presenting concerns, begin to build a relationship and understanding if there is a medical/physical component involved that needs to be further evaluated and treated along with counseling.
- Subsequent sessions are 55 minutes. The focus is to continue to engage with the patient on a very personal level in order to reach the patient’s goals and to adapt and understand the patient’s (and/or couples) needs as they move through the healing continuum.
This website does not provide medical advice. If you think you have a medical emergency, call 911 immediately. The materials on this website are for general educational information only and are not a substitute for a patient-healthcare professional relationship. Your use of this website does not establish a relationship with a healthcare professional.